Nice Forum -it should be more popular

Local news, community chat, events, meetings, social. Missing pets.

Nice Forum -it should be more popular

Postby TimM » Sun May 22, 2011 12:55 am

Just wanted to pop a note saying that I appreciate you creating this forum! I've often lurked on Chiswickw4.com and while the topics are often good - the user experience is awful, particularly on a phone or tablet - its as if the owners don't care! In fact I'm shocked that the smart folk of Chiswick (who must have iPhones and Blackburies) don't complain more - although it seems that not being able to purchase knickers is much more interesting.

Anyway I hope more people are inclined to post useful info here too! It's certainly much easier to read and write!!!

Tim
TimM

Re: Nice Forum -it should be more popular

Postby mat » Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey Tim

Thanks! The main reason I set it up was that I love the idea of a 'local' forum and Chiswick seems to have some very dedicated forumers, writers etc., yet I was so unimpressed by the main one. The problem is that because it has the critical mass of users, it becomes the best place to write if you actually want anyone to read it, and this is a self-perpetuating thing.

I'll keep it running and perhaps if the other one goes down for a longer period (it tends to go down from time to time) then this one will be ready and waiting for people to use ...

Any other ideas anyone has about gaining a critical mass of users who are inclined to post (this has been explored in another thread somewhere on Chiswick Chat!) then please let me have them.
mat

Postby Cheerfulchappy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 am

It looks as though it is easy to read and use EXCEPT I can't see really how to post a message - I'm doing so now but it's more by good luck. It's not explained anywhere how to do it. Am I correct that first you have to scroll down to the relevant "subject matter" and click on that and then post a reply? Am experimenting this morning to see.
Cheerfulchappy

Postby mat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi!

Yep - there are a couple of ways to post. You can either reply with quote (i.e. this shows the text of the person whose post you are replying to), OR you can just add something on to the end of the thread.

To reply to a specific post in the thread, use the "QUOTE" button on that person's post itself.

To post a reply, you should see the red "post reply" buttons at the top and bottom of the thread.

Hope that makes sense!
mat

Return to Chiswick Chat