Direct Action on CHR

Local news, community chat, events, meetings, social. Missing pets.

Direct Action on CHR

Postby dreamweaver » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:32 am

Good luck to Carrie and the UK-uncut bunch for the action they may be taking on Chiswick High Road today in response to the possible closure of the local day centre for elders.

Sorry I can't make it today as yesterdays treatment has left me feeling as sick as a piggy-wiggy but I am with you in spirit. Hope it all goes well.

I do wonder though if this centre can't become a multi-functional place. It's in a very quiet area. Why have one place for elders and another for a sure start scheme and yet another for youth services? Why not combine them? Use the space for lots of things. And then maybe rent it out to weekends to a local drama/dance group? I'm sure places like this could be saved once the potential of the building is viewed from 'an outside the box' view and not just pigeoned holed into being 'the old dears' chamber.

Do hope local photographers are also on the scene to capture this event.
dreamweaver

Re: Direct Action on CHR

Postby mat » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 am

Sadly I can't be there as I have been away for last few days but you can look forward to photos from me at future events.

Have just heard UK-uncut group have occupied the Vodafone store and are giving out cakes. (via Twitter)
mat

Return to Chiswick Chat