Rants

Know a local secret? Share it with us here - secrets are more fun that way!

Rants

Postby lilith » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:25 pm

good to have a place for rants, if you get the traffic, you will get a few of those, albeit they will be hard to contain in their little section here :evil:
lilith

Re: Rants

Postby mat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm sympathetic to a good rant. As long as it's well-formed and eloquent. Nothing worse than someone who can't write trying to be angry about something and not quite having the wherewithal to do it properly...
mat

Postby twerp » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:20 am

That disqualifies me then.Any self respecting twerp who wants to get something off his chest needs complete poetic licence.The best rant is out of control,rabid,involves foaming at the mouth and leaves the startled reader sputtering into his hankerchief.If you had a seperate sub rant page where people could really let off steam, and there were no language bars,you could advise readers that this is x rated.It would of course take off and you would get a big audience.As for polite rants-Forget it!
:x
twerp

Postby Captain Darling » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:21 pm

twerp's right..

You could have a separate "rant" sub page and you could make it clearly X-rated..

Trouble is, you'd still get some net curtain-twitchers moaning about it..

Coz they wouldn't be able to resist having a butchers.

Anything a bit 'taboo' always bring in the punters..
Captain Darling

Postby mat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Captain Darling wrote:twerp's right..

You could have a separate "rant" sub page and you could make it clearly X-rated..

Trouble is, you'd still get some net curtain-twitchers moaning about it..

Coz they wouldn't be able to resist having a butchers.

Anything a bit 'taboo' always bring in the punters..

Great tips. Most happy to revise layout / categories of the board. I used to belong to a successful forum that was invite-only to post to the main forum, and then recommendation-only to post to a private, hidden forum for the inner circle. Those not in the inner-circle were duly respectful of the process / separation, and were cool enough not to be bothered by the hierarchy. I'm not sure that would work in this case (not because people aren't cool enough, but because it strikes me as a way to encourage cliques rather than discourage them in general), but I do like the idea of having a separate subforum to act as the bitch-bin. Hopefully that would allow the topical purity of the remainder of the forum to stay intact.

I think I may try to get a few more posters/punters first, see how it develops, then react by re-jigging the categories slowly but surely...

twerp wrote:That disqualifies me then.Any self respecting twerp who wants to get something off his chest needs complete poetic licence.The best rant is out of control,rabid,involves foaming at the mouth and leaves the startled reader sputtering into his hankerchief.

Ha! I like these kinds of rants too, on reflection!
mat

Return to Restaurants, Rants, Raves, Reviews